When attempting to run Web Reporting after installation you may receive the following or similar error after login:
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AI" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
/WebReportingforUMP/sql.asp, line 74
The installation routine through version 2.53 of Web Reporting for User Manager Pro defined a collation value for the columns it was creating in its tables in the User Manager Pro reporting data store. If the collation of the database did not match the collation that was set on the columns used by web reporting, the web pages would generate an error.
To address the problem, download, extract, and run the SQL script found here: http://ftp.liebsoft.com/ForumKBDownl...eCollation.zip
It will be necessary to use SQL Enterprise Manager or SQL Management Studio to run the script.
- Open SQL Enterprise Manager or SQL Management Studio as a user with the rights to modify the tables in the User Manager Pro Reporting data store.
- Determine the collation used by the User Manager Pro reporting data store. Open the properties of the database and examine the options section. The collation type should be defined here. Note this information exactly as it appears here.
- Create a new query using the provided SQL script.
- Ensure the connected database is the User Manager Pro reporting data store.
- In the script there are numerous lines that end with TABLE_COLLATION_VALUE_GOES_HERE. Replace that value with the collation value found in the previous steps.
- Execute the script. If errors are encountered, the script may be re-run as many times as necessary without ill effect.
- Web reporting should now work as expected.
This problem will be addressed properly during installation in a forthcoming version.
Web Reporting 2.x