Date: April 1, 2015
When launching the ERPM website, typically on a new installation, you are greeted with a 500.19 - Internal Server Error. The config error notes the following:
Beneath the detailed error information is a pane called Config Source and the bad section will be highlighted in red.
As indicated in the error information, the IIS configuration has been locked at the server level to prevent modification. This occurs through administrative action or other specialized configurations.
- On the web server, open Internet Information Services (IIS) and select the server from the tree.
- In the center pane (lower left of center pane) select Configuration Editor in the Management Section.
- In the Configuration Editor, set the section to be system.webserver/handlers. The actual section to select under system.webserver may vary based on your actual error as noted in the detailed error information.
- If the section is locked, as the error message implies, on the right hand actions pane, the Section indicator will say Unlock. Click that Unlock link to unlock it.
- While not always necessary, if you make this change, it is recommended to then run IISRESET from an administrative command prompt.
Enterprise Random Password Manager (ERPM)