Date: March 27,2015
The following document describes how to configure the Enterprise Random Password Manager (ERPM) Application Launcher for use with SQL Navigator.
- Setup SQL Navigator and the corresponding Oracle client correctly. Be sure to configure the SQL Navigator and Oracle pre-requisites and test your ability to launch and connect with SQL Navigator prior to attempting to use the ERPM launcher.
- Configure a proper tnsnames.ora file in the oracle client path (%ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN) that has the connect descriptors filled out as ERPM supplies system names for oracle instances. For example, ERPM supplies a particular system name and a particular service name formatted as: SYSTEMNAME\SERVICENAME. In the example below, that translates to ORAWEB\ORCL.LSC.ENT.
So the tnsnames.ora file that SQL Navigator uses must also be configured with the same information:
ORAWEB\ORCL.LSC.ENT = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oraweb.lsc.ent)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = orcl.lsc.ent) ) )
- Then in the application launcher configuration for SQL Navigator set the following values:
- Run on the jump server = ENABLED
- Application: sqlnavigator.exe
- Application location: Path to the sqlnavigator.exe file, e.g. C:\Program Files\Quest Software\SQL Navigator for Oracle. The path will change based on the version and whether 32bit or 64bit clients are being used.
- Command line: /u=$(Username) /p=$(Password) /cs=$(RemoteAccessTarget_TargetName)
- Finally, select the Configure Allowable Account Types and enable SQL Navigator for the appropriate database type, e.g. Oracle.