Date: March 27,2015
The following document describes how to configure the Enterprise Random Password Manager (ERPM) Application Launcher for use with SQL Plus.
- Setup SQL Plus and the corresponding Oracle client correctly. Be sure to configure the SQL Plus and Oracle pre-requisites and test your ability to launch and connect with SQL Plus prior to attempting to use the ERPM launcher.
- Configure a proper tnsnames.ora file in the oracle client path (%ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN) that has the connect descriptors filled out as ERPM supplies system names for oracle instances. For example, ERPM supplies a particular system name and a particular service name formatted as: SYSTEMNAME\SERVICENAME. In the example below, that translates to ORAWEB\ORCL.LSC.ENT.
So the tnsnames.ora file that SQL Plus uses must also be configured with the same information:
ORAWEB\ORCL.LSC.ENT = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oraweb.lsc.ent)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = orcl.lsc.ent) ) )
- Then in the application launcher configuration for SQL Plus set the following values:
- Run on the jump server = ENABLED
- Application: SQLPlus.exe
- Application location: Path to the SQLPlus.exe file, e.g. C:\app\lsc\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin. The path will change based on the version and whether 32bit or 64bit clients are being used.
- Command line: $(Username)/$(Password)@$(RemoteAccessTarget_TargetName) as sysdba
The "as sysdba" clause at the end of the Command line setting may or may not be required depending on the connection account being used. Please ask your Oracle DBA for more information.
- Finally, select the Configure Allowable Account Types and enable SQL Plus for the appropriate database type, e.g. Oracle.