Date: March 27,2015
The following document describes how to configure the Enterprise Random Password Manager (ERPM) Application Launcher for use with WinSCP.
- Setup WinSCP. Be sure to configure WinSCP and its pre-requisites and test your ability to launch and connect with WinSCP prior to attempting to use the ERPM launcher.
- Then in the application launcher configuration for WinSCP, set the following values:
- Run on the jump server = ENABLED
- Application: WinSCP.EXE
- Application location: Path to the WinSCP.exe file, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP.
- Command line: scp://$(Username):"$(Password)"@$(RemoteAccessTarget_TargetName)
In the Command line parameter, notice the $(Password) parameter is surrounded by double quotes. This helps to ensure that when certain command line elements are used in passwords, such as the pipe (|), that it will be treated as part of the password and not a command character. Also, it is recommended to not use double quotes in passwords for accounts that may be used for this auto launch process as they may cause the password parameter to be improperly interpreted by the jump server when launching the process.
- Finally, select the Configure Allowable Account Types and enable WinSCP for the appropriate database type, e.g. Linux/UNIX.